Video Head Impulse Test (Halmagyi’s test)Synapsys VHIT Ulmer is a breakthrough tool for the evaluation of the vestibular system. VHIT Ulmer is the only test that can investigate each semi-circular canal at a glance.
Using a standalone camera set in front of the patient, the practitioner can test and investigate separately each semi-circular canal. While the practitioner is performing the head thrust, the software analyses both patient’s head rotation and gaze deviation. It therefore calculates vestibulo-ocular reflex (VOR) deficit.
With a fast and easy test, taking less than 5 minutes, VHIT Ulmer gives valuable information on semi-circular canal functions.
• Physiological stimulation
• No mask required to be worn by the patient, which makes any head movements required by the practitioner easier.
• Easy observation and recording of the synchronism of head and eyes
• Clear and sharp images despite fast head movements
• Slow-Motion Video Playback
• Fast examination
• Assists practitioner to perform a valid patient head thrust
• Result diagram (Canalogram Ulmer) showing each semi-circular canal deficit at a glance
• Detection and analysis of overt and covert saccades
Range of VHIT
- VHIT SCREENING: Lateral Canals Testing - A quick detection tool
For diseases affecting both low and high frequencies, lateral VHIT will give the same information as a caloric test but very much faster and with no sickness.
- VHIT EVOLUTION 3.0: A high performance functional testing tool
VHIT Premium highlights associations between affected canals and detects pathologies that only concern vertical canals. VHIT Evolution gives you access to canals that have never been explored before with advanced measurements.
It provides easy-to-understand information thanks to the canalogram and allows you to undertake more complex analysis when interpreting your results.
For further details and a full system specification please view the VHIT PDF.